Prescriptions - Must be collected from PHARMACY
If you are ordering a prescription online - you must nominate a pharmacy.
This is to minimise patient footfall and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Prescriptions will be sent electronically to the pharmacy within 48 hours (not including weekends).
If you are ordering a prescription for someone other than yourself, you must select 'New Patient' from the dropdown menu and create a separate file. Not following this creates confusion and will delay issuing of prescriptions.
Your prescription must be due, we cannot issue prescriptions in advance.
Patients on long-term medication can request a repeat prescription.
There are two ways to order your repeat prescription:
- Click on the link at the top of this page 'Order Your Repeat Prescription Online' to order your prescription through our secure online facility. See further instructions below.
- Fill in our 'Repeat Prescription Request' paper form and drop it in to the surgery (or post it to us). Download the form by clicking the section below 'Repeat Prescription Request Form - Download & Print at Home'. You must nominate a pharmacy to collect your prescription from.
How To Order Your Prescription Online
If you have not yet registered, it is a quick and easy process and only needs to be done once. Click the link at the top of this page and it will take you to our secure online facility to register.
Ordering a Repeat Prescription
There are three steps involved in ordering a repeat prescription:
- Patient Details - please ensure your details are correct.
- Required Medication - please carefully fill this in as per the information you would add to the paper form.
- Sending Your Request - please select a pharmacy to collect your prescription from if you so wish. You can also set a reminder email for the next time you need to order your repeat prescription and/or send yourself a confirmation email (with no details for privacy) to keep for your records.
See image below:
*Tick the box to receive an email confirmation
**Review your Request History
These steps are carried out on each of three tabs in the 'Order a Repeat' section. To move from one step to another do one of the following just click on the appropriate tab.
Personal information retained on this system is stored in a secure data centre located in the UK and is treated as confidential. Where appropriate this data is deleted two months after its creation.
By using this form you will be sending information about yourself across the Internet. Whilst every effort is made to keep this information secure, you should be aware that we cannot offer any guarantees of absolute privacy. If this matter concerns you then you should use another method of requesting a repeat prescription.
Know Your Medicines and Keep a List
Knowing what medicines you take and how you take them helps everyone involved to make correct decisions about your care.
Healthcare professionals need to know all of the medicines you are taking, to check that medicines and combinations are effective and safe.
Having an up-to-date, written or printed list of your medicines can help:
- when you might not be able to remember your medications, for example, at an appointment or in an emergency.
- reduce the chance of errors.
- when requesting a repeat prescription from your GP.
Click here for more information and a downloadable “My Medicines List”
Prescription Fees & Charges
Repeat Prescriptions for private patients cost €25.
Click here for information about prescription charges for Medical Card holders.
Click here for details about the Drugs Payment Scheme.